Saving snapshots to files

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Mar 11 22:32:54 EST 2004

Hi Wilhelm,

> Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:51:46 +0100
> From: Wilhelm Sanke <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de>
> Subject: Re: Saving snapshots to files

> As the documentation says you can export snapshots as jpegs, pngs,
> (gifs), and "paints".
------------
Yes, OK, I found it. Export images, not snapshots. You have to Import
Snapshot first, then export the image you get. I see now.
------------
> You could automate the assigning of file names for the images to
> retrieve them later from a folder and then to set the filename of a
> placeholder image in a stack to any image in the folder.
------------
Right, you got it. That's the idea. That way the list can be indexed and
sorted. They will probably take the names of the residence owners.
------------
> Here are two scripts from one of my stacks that you could modify and
> that address the exporting part.
> In this case the user is asked to provide a filename, but this indeed
> could be automated.
Wonderful, many thanks! Yes, I can modify them. It makes sense. I'm glad you
got it working.

Copied and saved.

Thanks again,
Ken N.