Manipulating PLAIN text on the clipboard

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Thu Mar 11 00:00:33 EST 2004

To which J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> replied:

> Looks like there may be a bug in the wrap function that causes it to go
> into an infinite loop, at least in some cases. It can get stuck at
> "delete word 1 to wordCount-1 of para". So maybe what is happening is
> that the repeat loop is going around in circles while you are pasting
> into another app, and what you paste is actually the original copied
> text rather than the modified text.

Thanks for pointing out the potential error in my wrap function. However,
I'm sure that's not the cause of the problem:
1. If I copy some continuous text in 10pt Verdana (in Word), switch to
Rev, click a button with the mouseUp handler above, switch back to Word
and paste, I get SUCCESSFULLY WRAPPED text, in 11pt Lucida Grande.
2. Exactly the same thing happens with similar buttons that call different
functions (changeCase, unwrap, emailQuote).

> BTW, there is an example of a word-wrap script in the Cookbook in the
> Help docs.

Thanks - definitely more robust than mine. I used it instead (and changed
"wrap(...)" to "wordWrapped(...)"in my button script) but it made no
difference. :-(

Oh well.

Jonathan Cooper
Manager of Information / Website