AVI/WMV Playback Control?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 09:56:00 EST 2004

Hi Claude

Thanks for the suggestion.

>On a windows computer, you are sure that Internet Explorer AND the
>Flash plugin are installed, they are "standard media facilities in
>windows".
>I dont remember exactly, but i believe that Internet Explorer is
>delivered with Flash plugin 4. You have to check that by your
>customers.

True, this is what I mean about the "standard" Windows install - it
isn't standard and is likely to be an old version!!

>If you use altBrowser.dll from altuit, you can display a flash movie
>within a html page directly in Revolution. For me it works perfectly.
>
>I use altBrowser to replace the player object and sometime even the
>field object (when i need a better typographical layout than with a
>field but i dont need interactivity with the content of the field).
>
>You have nothing to install, just reference the dll in your stack
>and deliver the dll in the same folder as your stack.
>
>Of course the interactivity must be programmed in the flash movie
>because there is no communication between the flash movie and your
>stack.
>
>Claude

Thanks for the tip.  However, I'd need a Mac version as well (which
is under consideration, but NOT under development as far as I know).
Also, it's not clear how much it would cost to deploy a single
program to many 100s of users at a corporate client location, would
this cost me $30/$45 per seat?  The web page:

   http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/altBrowser.htm

doesn't really give such licensing details.

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
         preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
         peter.reidit at ntlworld.com
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk