DVD for RunRev?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 20:54:23 EST 2004

On Mar 8, 2004, at 7:06 PM, Erik Hansen wrote:

> with more and more things being sent across
> the web, is burning DVDs still important?
> if you can stream videos from a web site,
> and back up your files on a portable disk,
> is it really worth spending another $200 to
> get a Superdrive on a Mac?
>
> thanks,
>
> Erik Hansen

Yes, heavy multimidia apps cannot be streamed, midia is very cheap and
good for distribution. and to download 4.5 GB is very painfull. DVD
rocks! and streaming is not even near the quality of full featured DVD
video. I am into film school (Rio de Janeiro Federal University), we're
moving all our videos to DVD now because of quality and price... cannot
stream full movies, it always lag...

Cheers
Andre

--