AVI/WMV Playback Control?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 13:11:32 EST 2004

I'm trying to allow the user of a stack playing both AVI and WMV
video clips to move a scrollbar to adjust the playback position of a
clip.  I do this by adjusting the currentTime property of the player
object that is pointing at an AVI/WMV file.  However, whenever I do
"start player thePlayer", it ALWAYS restarts the playback at the
BEGINNING of the clip irrespective of the setting of the currentTime
property?!

Any ideas for why this happens and how I can work around this so the
user can really control the playback position of AVI/WMV files (i.e.
without QuickTime)?

Thanks

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
         preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
         peter.reidit at ntlworld.com
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk