Builing a complex text-editor - possible?

Jan Sælid janselid at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:42:21 EST 2004

Thanks...
Actually, a hidden table field could be the right thing. Then I could store
information about the lines on the same lines as the original. Because I
also need to store detailed information about the users text. I'm building
something similar to a scriptwriter - like Final Draft. The lines will have
character names, dialoge, etc. If one line has a character name, like:

                    ROGER
Dialog......

..if the user enter the "Roger"-line - the table field will contain info
like an array:

tab(100), type(Character), instance(the number of rogers), ....and so on...

My next questions (thanks for the help) is:

1. Could I make a chunk of Roger and make the cursor jump to that chunk? (It
would then seem like an individual margin)
2. Will this make the typing slow?
3. Is this a good idea at all?

J.S.