Standalone shell/console application

Kevin nnoydb at excite.com
Sat Mar 6 22:07:07 EST 2004

Thanks for the sugestion Dar and Et' al,

I have tried several single stack stand alones with very little success.  It seems every stand alone I build encounters the error "can't find display" before any Transcript code (my code) is executed.  Now understand my experience with Transcript and RR is limited and I may have not found the necessary construct.  I thought I could get some clues as to how this all functions by opening the "Distribution Builder" and some of the stacks built into RR (RTFS) but they are password protected (preventing me from viewing the source).  I was under the impression that when I purchased the Enterprise version this would all be unlocked (basically allowing full access to the product) I guess I was mistaken.   Do any of you know how to build a stand alone without Distribution Builder?  Exactly where is the OS X engine?

Kevin