Standalone shell/console application

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Mar 6 20:20:44 EST 2004

On Saturday, March 6, 2004, at 05:42 PM, Kevin wrote:

> I am afraid my communication skills are not very good and my
> explaination maybe misleading.  I am not speaking of solely
> console/text/shell application or of CGI.  I am speaking of a single
> stand alone application preforming double duty as both a
> interactive/GUI application or a console/text/shell based application.

Why not try it and see?  The GUI version will have to have one stack,
so maybe you can look at a command line switch to make that invisible.
There is a chance that the GUI version will choke in an environment
without a GUI, I suppose.  You probably know how to tinker with
something like this.

As an alternative, you might have the command-line version decide
whether to run the GUI version or not.

Dar Scott