PDF

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Mar 5 02:21:11 EST 2004

hi Ray,

> Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:30:35 -0800
> From: "Ray G. Miller" <rgmiller at pacbell.net>
> Subject: Re: PDF

> If you're going to use this mongoMap on a Mac, be aware that there is a
> 4000 pixel limitation. Altho Photoshop and others can display very large
> images, MC/Rev for the Mac cannot. Tiles would be your best bet. I had a
> similar problem last May. Scott wrote:

snip
> It must be a problem in the JPEG library we're using, which
> means it's not going to be practical for us to fix it.
Again...are you meaning to say you can't display a JPEG image larger than
4000 pixels in Rev?

Nonsense, my good man! Someone is pulling your leg. I'm looking at a 800 x
600 display of a JPEG image from the Hubble Space Telescope in a Rev image
right now. That's 480,000 pixels.

So it just ain't true. What, exactly, are you meaning to say here?

Ken N.