More dialer stuff

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 01:17:30 EST 2004

on Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:32:53 -0600
Ken Ray wrote:

> This works in WinXP (both Home and Pro) - I haven't
> tested it in other
> Windows flavors:
>
> on mouseUp
>   put GetCOMPort() into tCOMPort
>   if tCOMPort = "" then
>     answer "No modem available."
>   else
>     answer "Modem connected at: " & tCOMPort
>   end if
> end mouseUp
>
> function GetCOMPort
>   put
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Ras\Tapi
> Devices\Unimodem\Address" into tRegLoc
>   put queryRegistry(tRegLoc) into tComPort
>   replace null with "" in tComPort  -- strips nulls
>   return tComPort
> end GetCOMPort
>

> Can someone test this is other Windows OS'es and let
> me know if this
> works reliably?

In Windows 98, this registry key has the com port
for the internal modem of this machine:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Modem\0000\PortSubClass

If i replace your key with this key, i only
get a odd character, like a [] small box.

In regedit, i could see clearly that this key
contains 02, the com port of the modem.

al

=====
Visit my site: