PDF

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Mar 5 00:58:41 EST 2004

> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 03:43:44 -0800 (PST)
> From: Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: PDF

> Surely, you will prefer to work with tiles of
> this map, not with an unique image.
-------------
Well, it displays fine as a PDF. Acrobat rasters it out very quickly. The
file is under 800k.

If only I could display it as an object, I'd be mostly done. Rev won't
recognize a PDF file as an image object :-/

I just got back from trying to convert it in PhotoShop, but it spent 45
minutes trying to rasterize it and only got about 1/4 of the way. That would
figure out to 3 hours! I had to leave so I canceled.

I knew opening it for manipulation would take awhile, but I wasn't expecting
that. Graphic Converter won't do it in OS9.

The idea is to create a metamap and move a matching rectangle in it for
scrolling the big one in a group.

When I explained what I was trying to do to the computer people at the San
Juan County Public Works offices, they were very interested. Did I hear a
door hinge creak a little?

Ken N.