Problems with Digest format of the mail list

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 4 09:44:18 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:47:49 -0800 (PST), Alejandro Tejada
<capellan2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Did anyone notice that in digest mode,
>some messages get attached to a previous
>message?
>
>If you read carefully, there are very long
>mails that are, in fact, two different
>messages compiled as one!
>
>I received a digest, where a mail of mine was
>appended to another mail, and the subject and
>my message was lost, because it was not listed in
>the index of messages.
>
>Another thing that i noticed, is that there are very
>long messages without new content. Just a long
>trail of quoted messages.
>
>Did someone noticed
>the same problems?

Hi Al

Yes, I have noticed both things. The 'no new content' messages are
particularly puzzling. Also just now and then for me at least, the digest
numbering skips one forward - I'm not sure if a digest was missing or if
the numbering system is at fault. For example, I didn't receive Vol 5 Issue
147. I haven't changed my email client or ISP for ages, so it's hard to
believe that it's happening at my end.

List Mom - any comment?

Graham