Hard code or portable code

hershrev hershbp at realtorsgroup.us
Wed Mar 3 20:06:39 EST 2004

I think we are not on the same track.  >>
On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 02:03 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, at 08:21 PM, hershrev wrote:
>
>> is there a way to imitate hard code with some kind of container ?
>
> Here are a couple of ideas:
>
> 1.  Use a list of names--
>
> Create a list in a manner much like this:
>
> repeat with x = 1 to the number of fields
>    put (the name of field x) & LF after myVar
> end repeat
Now , how do you get  the contents of all the fields ?
if you put myVar into myQuery,  the result will be the field names and
not the field content ? ( THE MAIN POINT IS TO GET THE LATEST DATA
meaning if the user edits the field after the repeat script the result
should be the updated contents "as hard code")
if you come up with a recipe  for this I'll raise my hat for you.
thanks , hershrev