hiliting all instances of a string in a field

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 3 18:44:24 EST 2004

On Mar 3, 2004, at 3:05 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> You can get the text not the htmlText and go through that.  Check the
> text properties of each one back in the field to see if it is a link.
> Do the highlighting thing (whatever you want), if it is not.  (If you
> don't have access to the original field, use a temporary or hidden
> field.)

Duh, I forgot I could set the backgroundColor of the text in the field
without having to worry about the htmlText.  This is what I came up
with:

put text of tTargetField into tText
put number of chars of pHiliteTerm - 1 into tLength
put 0 into tLastOffset
put offset (pHiliteTerm, tText, tLastOffset) into tOffset

repeat while tOffset <> 0
   set backgroundColor of char (tLastOffset + tOffset) to (tLastOffset +
tOffset + tLength) of tTargetField to "yellow"
   put tLastOffset + tOffset into tLastOffset
   put offset (pHiliteTerm, tText, tLastOffset) into tOffset
end repeat

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore