Limitations of RR for drawing apps?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 3 16:04:48 EST 2004

Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, "Richard Gaskin"  wrote:
>
>>With the exception of user-manipulatable points for lines and
>>polygons, it's all there in the engine now
>
> Is the Reshape Polygon button in Rev not what you have in mind here?
>
> I went and wrote a small routine to handle relocating the points of polygon
> only to find that Revolution now has this feature available in the tools
> palette.
>
> If Rev's implementation is not accessible, you're welcome to mine; if this
> isn't what you're looking for, please clarify.

Scripted solutions are not necessarily horrible, but they're not quite
MacDraw-like.  See Bugzilla #624 referenced in this thread earlier for
details.

See also a search for "polygon" in Bugzilla, to see the three bugs
related to the scripted interim workaround.  To the best of my knowledge
no bugs have ever been filed for engine-based handles.

For something that fundamental an engine-based solution is the way to
go, both for consistency of the user experience and general robustness.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation