Disable/Enable selected lines in a field

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Mar 3 10:13:46 EST 2004

Hi Glen,

>I have two fields where a user hilites single or multiple lines in
>field "aChoiceList" and then presses a button "Yes" which copies the
>selected lines into field "aSelectedList".
>
>What I am wanting to do is to some how gray out the lines and
>disable them from being selected in field "aChoiceList" that now
>show in the field "aSelectedList.
>
>If the user selects lines in the field "aSelectedList and clicks
>another button "return" then the lines are removed from the field
>"aSelectedList and the associated lines in the field "aChoiceList"
>become ungrayed and available to select again in the future.

Have you checked out the possibility of setting the textcolor of the
lines instead of the hilite?

>on mouseUp
>   lock screen

     put  return&(fld "aSelectedList") into previousSelections
     get fld "aChoiceList"
      repeat with x = 1 to the number of lines of it

      /* I don't think "repeat for each line aLine in..."
         gets you the textColor*/

        if the textColor of line x of fld "aChoiceList" is not grey
then next repeat
        if offset(cr&(line x of it)&cr,previousSelections)<>0 then next repeat

>     put line x of it & cr after fld "aSelectedList"
>   end repeat
>

>   unlock screen
>end mouseUp

To select" a line, set its textColor to grey; to deselect it, set the
textColor to empty.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company