How to script the quit menu in the application Menu in MacOSX?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Mar 2 21:38:55 EST 2004

> Hello everybody!
> I'm able to script a standard quit menu (of course).
> But the automatic Quit menu in MacOSX, how is it possible to script it
> please?

In OS X, because the menu item is moved automatically, it does not
trigger the usual menuPick handler in the File menu. Put a
closeStackRequest or shutdownRequest handler in your main stack script
instead. If you look up "quit" in the docs, you will see a related
section discussing how to handle quitting in OS X.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/