Saving substacks: where do I go wrong?

Erik Lips erik.lips at zonnet.nl
Tue Mar 2 03:52:21 EST 2004

Hi,

I want to build a standalone application with a separate stack to hold and
save data.
On the RR website I found some instructions to do this:
http://runrev.com/revolution/developers/articles/tipoftheweek/1.html

However it does not work.
I have made test stack with stack "main1" as mainstack and "sub1" as
substack of "main1".
Stack "sub1" has two cards. On card 2 I have text in field 1 and a button
with script "save this stack".

I followed the instructions on the site and built the application.
However no substack files were placed in the separate folder data.
And I could not save the substack card. The result was "can't save into
standalone".

So the question is: where do I go wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Erik

PS: Why do posts not always make it to the lists?