german gramm lesson II, was Re: [ANN] Tutti 3D :-)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Mar 1 06:34:09 EST 2004

Hi Marc,

> Hi,
>>> Solche schmeichelnde Wörter.  Ich werde in Verlegenheit gebracht.
>>> (Using BabelFish for translation, so the above is probably wrong.)
>> Guess what? This is really correct german :-)
> Actually it's not, a "Demonstrativpronomen" like "solche" goes with an
> "Akkusativobjekt", which would be "Solche schmeichelndeN Wörter". And
> "Wörter" would mean isolated words (meaning each word on its own),
> while "Worte" would mean, although sounding a bit archaic, the
> complete sentence.

Geeeez, c'mon, be a bit generous, brotha! ;-)
Smile and and do some mis-spelling :-D

> But for a "Babelfish" translation it's near to brilliant :-)

That's what i wanted to express! :-)

> Examples like this will help me getting used to "Transcript", so
> thanks as well from
> my side (still not convinced that "Transcript" will ever work for me
> <grin>)

> Marc Albrecht
> A.C.T. / level-2
> Glinder Str. 2
> 27432 Ebersdorf
> Deutschland
> Tel. 04765-830060
> Fax. 04765-830064

Liebe Grüssen :-D

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de

P.S.
I really stopped trying to teach native english speakers to use
"THAN" with a comperative and not "THEN" a long time ago :-D