More scrolling images

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Mar 1 05:49:03 EST 2004

Hi again,

> Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:44:56 -0700
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
> Subject: Re: More scrolling images
>

> On Saturday, February 28, 2004, at 10:24 PM, Ken Norris wrote:
>
>> OK, I now know how to scroll an image in a stack window, _but_
>>
>> Is it possible to scroll a large image inside a graphic?
>
> If you want a rectangle, yes.  Do the same thing as on the card for the
> other one.  Make the group smaller.  Put a border on it.  lockloc.  If
> you want to move it around, put a group around it and set the margins
> of that to 0, but don't lockloc that one.
-----------
I finally sort of deciphered a little of this and put it together with what
I did before. I made a grc and grouped it with scrollbars, then turned on
edit group and referenced a fullscreen image, sent it to the back, shut off
edit group.

Then I click-checked Select Groups and selected the image, installed my
mousemove scripts, switched group id's and voila! It works! And yes, the
group did need the border.

Not sure about setting margins to 0 though

Now I took a hint from Mark's ThumbScroller (which I couldn't get to pickup
any files) and should also have a metamap scroller in a day or two after I
get some outdoor work done.

Thanks folks...big help,
Ken N.