Limitations of RR for drawing apps?

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Mon Mar 1 01:44:16 EST 2004

> Graham Samuel wrote:
>
>> Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I vaguely remember
>> someone (Richard G?) saying that RunRev is not entirely suitable for
>> creating vector drawing (and - maybe - painting) programs in the
>> style of MacDraw or the drawing/painting features of AppleWorks: I
>> have in mind to add to an application a sort of drawing-and-painting
>> module for creating icon-like objects via a tool palette. Are there
>> serious limitations to RR which would prevent this? I just need a
>> steer from the list to find out if I'd be wasting my time...
>> TIA
>> Graham

I have an app that has some basic vector graphics drawing capabilities.
  I found that drawing a straight line was difficult.  I have some ideas
how it would be implemented, but have not test them out.  The normal
line graphic once drawn at an angle does not move to a perfect straight
line after that.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto