populating stack with field

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jun 30 15:07:47 EDT 2004

Hi Bob,

> Hi All.
>
> I am almost a complete newbie and only made one app for my lab with a
> lot of help from Sarah. I am back in runrev to make a labbook and I'm
> making a testapp to try the concept. So please excuse the stupidity.
>
> I only need to get me head around one thing then I'm off and running.
> I hope you can help.
>
> I have a main stack "mainstack" with buttons on it, one called
> "Addtextfield" . I have 2 other stacks
> 1)"Textfield" with a card on it called "TextfieldCard" and a field in
> this called "InsertTextfield"
> 2)"BlankStack" with a card called "BlankCard with nothing on it.
>
> I want the button "Addtextfield" on the "mainstack" to duplicate the
> field "InsertTextfield" and place the copy on on the card "BlankCard"
> on stack "BlankStack"
>
> I am using the script
>
> on mouseUp
>   add field "InsertTextfield" to BlankCard
> end mouseUp
>

> This seems too simple and indeed it does not work. Am I missing
> something simple or is it a lot more difficult than this. I also have
> vol1 of dan's book but cant see something on first look.

copy field "InsertTextfield" of cd "TextfieldCard" of stack "Textfield"
to cd 1 of stack "BlankStack"

You can copy/cut any object from/to any card from/to any stack anytime,
you will only have to
provide the "long" identifier of the object:

<object> "xyz" of cd "abc" of stack "yadda"

Hope that helps...

> All the best
> Bob

Regards