Documentation & Books

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 30 13:52:50 EDT 2004

On 6/27/04 1:09 PM, Beat Cornaz wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I've been working with Revolution now for a little while and I'm struck
> by the lack of documentation, or better the lack of good documentation.
> The supplied docs with revolution , I think are totally inadequate. With
> a search I either get no results or much too many. I've heard that Dan
> Shaeffer has a book out. Is it good and well organized. I come from
> Hypercard and the Hypercard reference manual is excellent and things are
> easy to find. is there some other books or docs available on Revolution.
> I found a pdf, but I think it just the Rev docs in pdf form.
>
> greetings, Beat.

The documentation itself is some of the best in the business, but as you
point out, finding what you need is sometimes difficult because of the
sheer volume of content. The docs are being reworked for the next
version of Rev. The content, which is excellent, will remain largely the
same except for bug fixes, but the organization and searching
capabilites will change. You may want to wait until Rev 2.3 is released
and see what you think.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com