unique id numbers

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Wed Jun 30 10:39:59 EDT 2004

> • 	From: MisterX
> • 	 Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:58:55 -0700
>
> Abraham,
>
> Here is a script that tells you the names and ids of all controls in
> the
> rev prop palette. So it is not impossible access them as you
> concluded...

That is not what I concluded.
I only wondered that when calling for a long id without "going" to the
cd, it returned an id 0
Up to now I only encountered this behavior with the revPropertyPalette.

> Possibly accessing controls via the ID 0 owner may be the problem that
> creates confusion. And going to the card seems to deliver the hidden
> ID.

Yep indeed. That would be the workaround.
But it shouldn't return an id 0 in the first place.

> Note that to further create confusion and issues, this script will
> report
> that there are duplicate objects with id 0 with duplicate names in the
> same
> cards in the same groups!
>
> If only RR would shed some light on this now...

Because this is only happening in the revPropertyPalette (up to now),
is there something wrong with this stack?
Or in the engine? Or both? Then should this be bugzilla'ed or just
neglected? :-)

Greetings,
WA