scripted animation advice

kweto nrkweto03 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:32:52 EDT 2004

Hello All,

Is there a mathematical way of generating a spinner effect (i.e., to
re-create something like the spinner in the game of Twister or for a lucky
wheel)?

I recall way back when that someone had very creatively used MC's
arcAngle property on a circle image-object to create the illusion of a
timer.

Perhaps there's a similar way of creating the illusion of a spinner on
RunRev?

The reason I'm after this is to allow students in my language classes to
"spin the wheel" (rather than throw a dice, for example) in order to, for
example, move around a game board.

Plus, I have no idea how to go about this mathematically...

Thank you.

Cheers,

Nicolas Cueto