Delete URL... and the result

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 04:16:03 EDT 2004

At 5:56 pm -0400 28/6/04, Troy Rollins wrote:
>On Jun 28, 2004, at 5:12 PM, Dave Cragg wrote:
>
>>>  In my case, the result is not empty. It contains something like
>>>  "error 200 Okay." But the delete works.
>>
>>  This sounds like a libUrl bug.
>>
>>  I take it you're using delete with http urls. You're probably the
>>first person to do this as few http servers support the DELETE
>>command. As a result, this feature hasn't been tested thoroughly.
>
>No, FTP actually.

Oops! That's a different matter.

After issuing a delete command to the ftp server, libUrl is expecting
a 250 response, not 200. That's why it is being reported as an error.
Either the server is being eccentric or liburl is getting confused.
It might be useful if you could post a log of the activity.
(libUrlSetLogField)

>"Contains" will change the value?

I was wrong. "contains" doesn't change the value of the result.

Cheers
Dave