Regex (MatchText) speed

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Jun 24 01:39:58 EDT 2004

On Jun 24, 2004, at 1:08 AM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> These two functions work with any text for the start spot and any text
> for the end spot.

Thanks Mark. I'll look at this.

And, while I don't doubt this has provided good results, may I ask why
you use it instead of a matchText? You didn't indicate if you had done
some form of speed test, or in fact ever compared the two alternatives.
I'm just trying to get a sense of the value of matchText in terms of
speed, or if it is a convenience for those more comfortable with
regular expression syntax (which I can use... but I FIGHT with them
every time.)
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.