dragging images from web pages?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 20:17:17 EDT 2004

> Hi Terry.
> Sorry for posting to early. It only works with Netscape 7 on my Os 9
> machine. (It drags a link instead of other data) :-(
>
> sorry. I cant figure out what the dragdata is on other browsers...
>  Looking at it gives me no clue... It is not the imagedata.
> So I guess I can´t help you.
>
> But maybe others can help.
> Sorry again.
>
> Malte

Thanks for your efforts Malte. It seems that different browsers return
different data, which probably makes it impossible to do anything
meaningful with. It also seems that even if the dragData does contain
some imageData then it somehow gets munged during the drag so that any
image you create with it is either incorrectly sized or contains
garbage or both (at least on OSX). The same seems to be true for images
dragged from a local folder - although at least you can trap the
filepath correctly that way.

If anyone else has any ideas I'm all ears.

Cheers,

Terry...