use-revolution Digest, Vol 9, Issue 58

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 06:57:31 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/23/04 12:40:44 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

>Message: 22
>Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 03:39:45 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "K" <nnoydb at excite.com>
>Subject: threeD and showBorder
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

>I like for my complicated data entry forms to have a paper form look &
>feel.  Normally I accomplish on Win32 using Visal C++ by changing the field
>from flat to 3D when the mouse enters the field and back to flat upon exit.
> I am attempting to do the same using RR.  However, the showBorder property
>is getting in the way.  When a field is displayed in RR with the 3D property
>set there is actually no border but it must be true for the 3D effect to
>be present.  When I set the threeD property to true/false a nasty black
>rectangle shows up.  Any ideas?
   The first idea that comes to my mind is to mess with *multiple* properties
at once, locking/unlocking the screen to conceal the workings. 'Flattening' a
field should work somewhat thus:

  lock screen
  set the threeD of field "Fred" to false
  set the borderWidth of field "Fred" to 1
  unlock screen

   And, of course, change everything back to its former status when you want
to un-flatten the field, like so:

  lock screen
  set the threeD of field "Fred" to true
  set the borderWidth of field "Fred" to 2 # or whatever the standard width is
  unlock screen

   Hope this helps...