FTP file uploading problem

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Jun 22 18:34:23 EDT 2004

Richard,

I just solved similar problems at our new box at OLM...

You may need to use a full path from root if there are no symlinks in
the user home directory.

e.g.

  put url
"ftp://user%40somedomain.com:password@www.himalayanacademy.com/../../
var/www/formdata/guestbook.dat"  to download a file.

i got to this by using interarchy, backing off the URL to a double slash

ftp://user%40somedomain.com:password@www.himalayanacademy.com// to get:

etc
bin
usr
var

etc
appeared, then drilled back up via var/www/formdata/ (a directory I had
created from root)

key is, find our where the server drops you if you have no path... nav
from there. in this case ../../ back out of the home directory.

good luck.