Paths to inside bundles [was Re: A clue for using Valentina by XCMD]

Michael D Mays michael.rr at mdmays.com
Tue Jun 22 09:34:16 EDT 2004

When I say a stack I mean a stack.
When I say an application I mean a standalone application.
;)

When I make the standalone, Rev puts the VXCMD_Macho_HC into the bundle
and sets 'the externals' of the standalone. If I tell the standalone to
  put the externals in fld 2
I see
> ./VXCMD_Macho_MC Untitled 2.app/Contents/MacOS/externals/revdb.bundle

This isn't where Rev puts the Xcmd. The path to the Xcmd in the bundle
is

./Contents/MacOS/externals/database_drivers/VXCMD_macho/Contents//
MacOS/VXCMD_macho

I explicitly set 'the externals' to this path in the stack before I
make it into a standalone application. But that doesn't work. I can put
the Xcmd in the folder with the standalone outside of the bundle, set
the externals to this location and after a couple of launches of the
standalone, it sees the Xcmd. But I can't get the standalone to see the
Xcmd in the bundle.

The Rev Docs lead  me to beleive I should be able to use pathnames such
as the one above.

Is this the correct pathname?

In general, how does one put things in the bundle.? And where?

Michael