Playing quicktimes while pinging

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 14:58:18 EDT 2004

I'm attempting to use the Shell command in Mac OS X to ping some servers and
check their availability.   My client wants to play a small looping Quicktime
animation while this is going on to mask the latency.   Unfortunatly, shell
and "ping" working together freezes Revolution for a few seconds as it's doing
it, which in turn, causes the animation to freeze.   Is there any way to do
these operations at the same time without the temporary freezes?