Splash screen in standalone - too long to show

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 21 12:37:18 EDT 2004

One thing I just experimented with is an extremely basic "hub"
standalone--that works pretty well

My "Title Page" has a fairly long embedded piece of music, so it takes
10-15 seconds to load off HD, longer off HD.  Instead of using this
stack as my standalone hub, if I create a minimalist "hub" consisting
simply of a window that says "Loading. Please wait." the launch time is
minimal off HD (not tested from CD yet) and the user at least has
something on his screen letting him know why he's waiting.

The other advantage of this is that one does not have to recompile the
Title Page each time it is revised.  One very basic hub standalone and
then everything else, including the title page, can remain in the form
of non-standalone Rev files.

Marian