A clue for using Valentina by XCMD

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jun 21 09:56:00 EDT 2004

a simple advise is also to download valentina client from their page,
is a standalone nifty app that will allow you to create your databases.
Then you can use the vdbs in Rev. Also read the manual of Valentina
core/kernel you'll find very cool functions!

PS: no... I never been able to call them, I always get a the same error
you get.

On Jun 21, 2004, at 9:54 AM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> Can anyone give me some clues about using Valentina from Rev via the
> XCMD?
>
> I've been able to use it via the revdb functions with some limited
> success,
> but had some crashes (sadly not been able to pin down) and I think not
> everything can be done via the SQL interface - for example, I've not
> been
> able to create a new database from scratch.  So I'd like to dig into
> the
> direct interface.
>
> I've looked at the documentation, both Rev's and Valentina's, but not
> got
> anywhere.
>
> As I understand it, Rev ships with the Valentina XCMD already
> integrated it.
> Is that right, or should I need to do install anything else to get
> working?
>
> My first - perhaps it's my only - problem is the name of the function.
>  The
> documentation from Rev is nowhere (that I can find) explicit about
> this.
> The documentation from Paradigma suggests that there should be a
> function
> called "Valentina", eg that there should be possible to execute
>     put Valentina( "Version" )
>
> When I attempt the above, I get "error in function handler".  (I also
> tried
> it as a handler rather than a function - just get the equivalent, "no
> such
> handler".)  Do I need to do something else to make the Valentina
> functions
> available?  Or is just a slightly different name?
>
> Any clues gratefully accepted.
>

>   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
>   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
>   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org