Euro symbol woes

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 15:02:31 EDT 2004

sez rcozens at pon.net:
>...I was moving the htmlText of
>the field so that any imbedded font/style/size changes in the text in
>the original field are carried over to the target field.
>
>* Create a field containing text, including "€" (euro symbol).
>* Copy the field
>* Put the rtfText of field 1 into field 2: "€" = "\'DB"
>* Put the htmlText of field 1 into field 2: "€" = "¤"
>* Put the unicodeText of field 1 into field 2: "€" = " §"
>* Put the text of field 1 into field 2: "€" = "€"
>
>So how does one move _styled_ text containing "€ "from one field to
>another without changing the content & style?  Is there some way to
>define "¤" to Run Rev or the O/S?
   Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you want to put *the htmlText*
of one field *directly into* another field? This would make sense if you're
making an app to do HTML editing -- but if that's the case, "¤" is
exactly what you *should* see in place of the euro symbol, not so?
   Try any of these instead and see how they go:

  set the htmlText of field 2 to the htmlText of field 1
  set the unicodeText of field 2 to the unicodeText of field 1
  set the rtfText of field 2 to the rtfText of field 1