Euro symbol woes

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Jun 19 10:17:26 EDT 2004

Hi All,

My goal is simple: store text in different languages in different
fields and populate other fields with the text when the user changes
languages.

My problem is the text contains the unicode euro currency symbol.  I
have tried moving the text, the htmlText, and the unicodeText, and
none consistently gives me the euro symbol in the target field.

Surely manipulating text containing a euro symbol can't be as
problematical as it seems to me?  What's the secret?

RR v2.1.2

BTW, how does one type it in the first place?  I've cut & pasted it
from other text.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company