dynamic scripts at runtime

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 18 15:38:52 EDT 2004

RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> I was under the impression that it had to be 10 commands or less.   Right
> now, my "master" script has these handlers:
>
> 1)   On mouseLeave
> 2)   On mouseDown
> 3)   On mouseDoubleUp
> 4)   On mouseMove
>
> So, it's sounding like I could perhaps do a:
>
> on mouseLeave
>       stackbasedmouseleaveroutine
> end mouseLeave
>
> on mouseDown
>      stackbasedmousedownroutine
> end mouseDown
>
> that type of thing?   I'll give it a try!    My fear was that the "On
> MouseDown", "end MouseDown" and calls inbetween would add up to too much, but perhaps
> it'll just fit.

Or you get get reall clever with just one script that checks for a
property in the fields to see if it's elligible for the desired behavior:

on mouseDown
   if the uClass of the target is "FieldsThatGetMessages" then
      dostackbasedmousedownstuff
   else pass mousedown
end mousedown

Then you can define behaviors in one tidy place and assign behaviors
with a single property setting.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation