dynamic scripts at runtime

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 14:37:14 EDT 2004

I've got an app that needs to be able to generate fields dynamically when
compiled as a standalone application.   I also need to be able to assign scripts
to those newly created fields.

The emails I've read make it sound like this is not possible, if the script
exceeds 10 commands (which mine does.)   What's the work-around?   My script is
stored in a text field on the card, and I was doing a

set the script of field newFieldID to field "masterscript"

I did read a posting about preparing a "library control" in the RunREV IDE
and cloning it during runtime, but I don't understand what that means.   If
someone has a script that performs such a feat, I'd love to see it.