strange group behaviour

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jun 18 13:18:41 EDT 2004

>With this behaviour it is impossible to dynamically create objects of
>different widths and align them correctly...
>
>Anyone else seen this?
>Any hints or workarounds or something i have been overlooking?

Hi Klaus,

I don't know if this is pertinent; but I have noticed that the "rect"
of a group will change when component controls' visible properties
change.  In the simplest case, a two-control group with no
overlapping of control rects, changing the visible of either control
changes the group's rect property (v2.1.2).

Perhaps, after dragging, the boundary "snaps back" to the smallest
rect encompassing all visible controls?  Maybe lockLoc would help?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company