colors and tables and fields

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 11:44:26 EDT 2004

--- RGould8 at aol.com wrote:
> I've been using fields and tables to create some
> pretty sophisticated dynamic
> calendaring/scheduling apps.   There's so many
> features in Rev for coloring
> cells and borders and backgrounds that it's easy to
> get overwhelmed.   Can
> anyone tell me if there's a way to:
>
> 1)   Change the color of the background of just 1
> "cell" of a table object -
> - - not just the background of the text in that
> cell, but the entire cell,
> from edge to edge.

Not at this point in time ; you'll have to wait for a
true table control to make its way into the engine.

> 2)   I've been using the "topcolor" and
> "bottomcolor" properties to add a
> red-line to the top of certain text fields.
> Unfortunately, this also has the
> effect of adding a red-line to the left of the field
> as well.   Is there a
> command that will enable me to add a red-line to
> just the top of a field (spanning
> the whole width of the field), without impacting any
> other edges?   Something
> like set the topbordercolor of field "test" = "red"

As this would require a lot of changes in color
handling internally, you'll be better off just drawing
a red line graphic at the top of your field.
But you can always take a trip to bugzilla and file an
enhancement request with syntax and implications for
all eight colors that you can set :)

Jan Schenkel.

=====