Jiggling the autoHilite handle

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jun 18 00:51:11 EDT 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 12:28 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> This can happen if you have auto-hilite set to true for a button while
> a script tries to manipulate the hilite as well. It's usually best to
> choose one way or the other; either let the autohiliting be in charge,
> or write scripts to manage things instead. In this case, I think I'd
> put in mousedown and mouseup scripts that set the hilite and turn off
> the auto-hilite property entirely.

Yes, this is basically the case. I seem to have it resolved by setting
the autoHilite to true on mouseEnter and false on mouseLeave. If that
doesn't iron it out fully, I'll take your suggestion and just script it
for the mouseDown, etc. Thanks for confirming.

And thanks to Howard, also for confirming... that I wasn't a nutcase.
(Like you said, on this anyway.)
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.