Why the Save dialogue in OS X

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Thu Jun 17 15:39:37 EDT 2004

Hello Jeane,

Thanks for responding.  If by "belt-and-suspenders" you mean
unpredictable, then you're right.  It seems to happen to a couple of
the stacks in my project but not all.  And for those couple of stacks,
not all the time.  I've got other projects where this does not happen
at all.  I'm not convinced that something is not amiss, perhaps some
sort of message passing that I'm doing in some stacks and not others.

I'm a little concerned that this will create confusion and be an
annoyance to my users when I build a stand alone.  Many different
stacks are opened and closed as simple information windows.  The idea
of saving makes no sense for these because there is nothing to save.
And if there was, I thought that closeField and closeStack handlers
could pretty much ensure that data won't be lost.

Regards,

	Greg

On Jun 17, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto replied: