socket and serial port

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jun 16 20:47:34 EDT 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 7:43 PM, maxence.bernard at ensi-bourges.fr wrote:

> I use a Lantronix uds100 serial server. I can configure the baudrate,
> the
> stop bit, the parity etc., but cannot set rts high and dtr low,
> because it
> is some  low-level programming.. I am searching for other serial
> devices...

The Lantronix UDS100 has a DCE connector.  The outputs are DCD, DSR and
CTS.  Your other cable will not work.

Try putting a little gadget with LED indicators on the output of the
UDS100.  Fiddle with the flow control until you get at least one of the
output control lines always high and one always low when the port is
open.  If that can't be done, try to find away to make the weather
station work without it or get another device.  If you can get a high
and a low control line, then wire that up so it works.

The Lantronix UDS100 can be powered either from the DCE connector on
special lines or via a separate power connection.

Dar Scott