Rev 2.2 and Mac OS 10.1

Brian Thomas runrev at rivertext.com
Wed Jun 16 03:03:14 EDT 2004

>Is there anything unusual about how Revolution 2.2 apps are built that would
>cause a standalone app to not launch in Mac OS 10.1, but launch in 10.1.5?
>I'm not familiar with the differences between those 2 OS's, but the
>guys in our
>testing group are saying that for some reason, our Revolution app doesn't
>even start in OS 10.1.   To continue the test, we build a standalone
>stack with
>just 1 button on it, ran it on OS 1.1, and sure enough, it didn't
>even launch.
>  I'm thinking that perhaps the test-lab didn't install OS 10.1 properly, but
>perhaps someone on this list knows of other issues.   According to the
>Revolution web-site, standalone apps should work on "Mac OS X (any
>version)".   I'm
>hoping that this is just a test-lab OS install problem and not a Rev problem.

I have a Beige G3 - 266 mgz that I bought the first week it was
available. I have not been able to get it past 10.1 -- none of the
free upgrades have worked. And I've reformatted the drive  and given
it multiple tries.

Mac OS 10.1 works with Rev 2.03. 2.1.1 & 2.1.2 -- all available  on
the FTP site.

I was told by Tuviah Snyder  that Rev 2.2 would support Mac OS 10.1,
but that it would be the last version of Rev to support it.  However,
I just hooked up the old Beige G3 and, you are correct it will not
launch.

--
Brian

b_t at rivertext.com
http://www.rivertext.com/

a worker's guide to western civilization

http://www.rivertext.com/stuff

one American city's dissent