Remote alerts

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jun 16 00:24:44 EDT 2004

> SMS is easy. The SMS address also has an internet email address. For
> example
> 5105551212 at messaging.sprintpcs.com
> would deliver an email to a cell phone via SMS

Thanks, I'll investigate that. I had found web interfaces, but an email
one that I can do through Transcript is much easier.

> If you want to call and play a sound, I suggest you get something like
> Phlink. It will do exactly what you want on Mac OS X. You can have it
> call and do a text to speech message and wait for some touchtone
> response (or start calling other people).
This looks great! I'll have to see if I can get one and start testing
it. With AppleScript/Transcript to control it, I'll never have to
answer the phone again :-)

Thanks everyone,
Sarah