REALLY close stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 16 00:29:30 EDT 2004

On 6/15/04 8:47 PM, Troy Rollins wrote:

> MUCH more reliable. Lesson learned. Like John mentioned, the suggested
> method of Close Stack, while having a destroy property of TRUE, is
> extremely unreliable... in fact, it generally doesn't work correctly,
> causes script errors in properly formatted scripts, and creates
> situations where only a restart of the IDE clears things up. Personally,
> I think it should be deprecated. There are other ways to close or hide
> the stack window while keeping the stack in memory if that is the desire
> result.

Just for the record, I routinely close stacks that have their
destroystack set to true and have never had any problem with it. It may
be that the stack must be saved with that property first, before it
works reliably (which would be a bug.) I have my preferences set to
always create new stacks with the property set, and I have never seen a
problem.

Note that you must be careful with "delete stack" and make sure you are
only deleting mainstacks, which removes them from memory. If you use
"delete stack" on a substack, the substack really will get permanently
deleted from the stackfile and it will be gone forever.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com