Remote alerts

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Jun 15 20:01:05 EDT 2004

In the UK we have sms2email.com and others. You can use a simple URL
command to send sms, like this :

put
http://www.sms2email.com/sms/postmsg.php?
to_num=pNumber&message=mText+ok&flash=0&username=uName&password=pWord
into smsVar

replace "pNumber" with yourPhoneNumber in smsVar
replace "mText" with messageText in smsVar
replace "uName" with yourUserName in smsVar
replace "pWord" with yourPassword in smsVar

get URL smsVar

this will send the message and place some sort of "OK" or "not OK"
message in the "it" variable, which you can handle as you wish.

  It costs about £10 for 100 messages. There must be something similar
in oz.

Cheers,

Mark