Group anomalies

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Jun 15 12:56:47 EDT 2004

Using Rev 2.2 and Mac OS X 10.3.4.

Create a stack. Make a field and a button. Group the field and button.
Select the group. Drag the handles of the group and make it bigger in
any direction. The group rectangle changes as you drag it, and the
field and button are not affected.

How turn on horizontal and vertical scrollbars on the group. Select the
group. Drag from the top to extend the border. The group border raises
AND the button and field go with it! Now drag the border down. Only the
border moves, hiding the button and field. BTW, if you resize from the
bottom, the objects are not affected.

Call me crazy, but it seems to me it shouldn't work this way. This
action only happens with vertical scrollbars on.

Same thing happens if you resize the group in the horizontal direction.
If you enlarge the group from the left, the object go with the  resize.
When you move the border back to the right, the objects are not
affected. Again, this only occurs with horizontal scrollbars turned on.

Can anyone else confirm this before I bugzilla it?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein