Help for porting code of other Programming languages to Transcript

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 20:27:22 EDT 2004

on Sat, 12 Jun 2004
Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> Here's one for HyperTalk and Javascript:
> <http://lexnet.bravepages.com/HTMLJS.htm>

Great resource! Thanks Jeanne!

on Sun, 13 Jun 2004
Geoff Caplan wrote:
> In addition to the Brigham Young article on
> Pascal/Hypertalk, they
> have put up a course on Transcript for
> non-programmers which I spotted
> a couple of days ago. Maybe I just missed it, but I
> didn't spot this
> link on the Transcript community sites. I am posting
> this just in case
> anyone isn't aware of it.
>
> http://chum.byu.edu:16080/classes/CHum281/

Very interesting link to this course! Thanks Geoff.
It activate my firewall asking permissions to
connect to port 16080. Why?

Just wondering...
How many university programs will want
to teach programming RunRev courses?

Looks like these are all the resources available
until now.

Are you aware if exist more comparisions between
others pairs of languages, like Perl and PHP, etc?

What are the best approaches that you have seen to
teach a programming language?

For me, MetaTalk programmer (MTP) is a nicely done
hands-on introduction to MetaTalk.

A funny example is "Pinky and the Brain learn C++"
<http://teachertech.rice.edu/Participants/marilynt/Lessons/CPlus/PinkBran/index.htm>

Do exist similar approaches available for other
programming languages?

Thanks in advance.

al

=====