handler not waiting when calling shell() under Win98

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 14 17:19:28 EDT 2004

Chris-

I was just about to say the same thing. Win2k and XP are based on the
NT platform, 98 and ME are not. I haven't had the occasion to do this
in runrev, but I have under MSAccess. The code gets pretty ugly if you
have to support both platforms - I can send the VBA code to handle it
if you really need it. The problem isn't even so much using cmd.exe vs
command.exe, but figuring out when the process has ended. WinNT
handles this differently from previous OSs. Bernard's suggestion of
creating a temporary file may well be the best solution for now.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net